If you want to back up only some of your Outlook data, you can create a new backup .pst file of only the data that you want to save. This is also known as exporting .pst file data. For example, you might want to use this section if you have important information in only some folders and you have other, less important items in much larger folders. You can export only the important folders or contacts and omit folders like Sent Mail.
- Open.... Outlook.
- On the File menu, Click.... Import And Export. If the menu item is not available, move your pointer over the chevrons at the bottom of the menu, and then Click.... Import and Export.
- Click.... Export To File, and then Click.... Next.
- Click.... Personal Folder File (.pst) , and then Click.... Next.
- Click.... the folder that you want to export the .pst file to, and then Click.... Next.
- Click.... Browse, and then select the location where you want the new .pst file to be saved.
- In the File Name box, , type the name that you want to use for the new .pst file, and then Click.... OK.
- Click.... Finish.